Today’s economy is requiring companies to do more with less. A company needs to get the most that it can from its assets and employees. One of the ways this can be done is by training employees on the software that they use day in and day out. Below is my Top 5 list of reasons to send someone to training or maybe to go to a training class yourself.
- See an immediate ROI – Training helps offset work performance gaps by giving the employee knowledge that they can use right away in the software. Also, less valuable time is spent flipping through a manual trying to figure out how to use the software.
- Training is required by regulatory agencies- In a case where a company is in a regulated environment, employees are required to be trained on the software they use. In these types of situations, a regulatory agency may come to the facility and audit their documentation. During this audit, the company may have to provide records and/or certificates to show that the people who use the software have been trained on it.
- All of the features and functionality of the software can be used correctly – You buy a software package for its features and functionality, you want to use the software correctly to avoid errors in the program, to stay compliant to your regulations and to maintain your business processes.
- Training adds employee value and boosts employee morale – Training gives the user a greater sense of value in the company. They have knowledge of something that few others do. The employee becomes a respected source of information on the software and is able to help others when needed.
- Employees have the opportunity to talk to others and share ideas – Training gives employees the opportunity to network with other professionals in their industry. They have a chance to share ideas on how to use the program more efficiently.
What are your reasons for attending training?