Do you know… Blue Mountain RAM has a tool to help you with LOAD BALANCING?
If work load balancing is one of your interests, Blue Mountain RAM has an easy and helpful tool for you. It is called Planning & Projection and it will show you a count of how many jobs each scheduled person has over the upcoming number of weeks or months you request to see. It does this by scanning all asset event schedules and aggregating each person’s listings as “Scheduled Person”. Further, it extends each event’s occurrences over the duration specified. For example, a weekly event over a duration of six weeks occurs six times. The listed Scheduled Person is counted as doing six jobs over six weeks, even though their name is only mentioned one time on one asset event schedule.
Example of using this Planning & Projection to see work load balancing:
- Login to Blue Mountain RAM, open the GO TO menu, and select PLANNING & PROJECTION.
- Complete the Planning & Projection parameters in the left panel, like so:
- Site/Dataset: Your Dataset
- Type: Scheduled Person – Count
- Duration: 4 — Weeks
- Event Type: All Events
- Click RUN PROJECTION
Explanation of Result Columns and Rows:
- Display Name: The name of each person listed on at least one asset event schedule within the duration specified, as the “Scheduled Person”
- Backlog: All asset event schedules past due for each scheduled person
- Current Week/Month Column: All asset event schedules due within the current week/month, for each scheduled person
- “X” Quantity of Week/Month Columns: All asset event schedules due for each of “X” weeks/months, as specified in the “Duration” parameter
- Total: Each scheduled person’s grand total of jobs within the specified duration
- Bottom Row: Total jobs for all scheduled persons for: backlog, current week/month, each of “X” weeks/months specified, and the Grand Total
“Extras” Provided With Planning & Projection
The Filter On Locations section of the projection parameters panel is available should you wish to evaluate only a specified location. For example, with the Filter On Locations Checkbox turned on (checked), specify “where” by choosing a location in the Location Field. If you check the Rollup Sub-locations checkbox, sub-locations to your selected location are included in the results. If you leave the checkbox empty, sub-locations to your selected location are ignored:
The Export Select button on the Planning & Projection Toolbar exports the Planning & Projection results. This enables you to further analyze or chart result data.
Making Adjustments To Load Balance
If you find that you wish to see and adjust the work load of a scheduled person, applying QuickFind filters to an appropriate “Schedules” query will help you do this. View a query that shows all the schedules you wish to consider and includes both the ‘Scheduled Person’ and ‘Due Date’ columns. Use the QuickFind Tool to filter for:
- Scheduled Person EQUAL TO <NameOfScheduledPersonOfInterest> AND
- Due Date GREATER THAN OR EQUAL TO <StartDateOfDuration> AND
- Due Date LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO <EndDateOfDuration>
For further information, consult your Blue Mountain RAM Users Manual. If necessary, please contact our friendly Support Technicians at email@example.com for downloads of PDFs of the manuals. Also, please enjoy calling and speaking with your Regional Sales Manager (RSM) at 800-982-2388 if you are interested in Blue Mountain RAM training.