Do you know… Blue Mountain RAM offers a way to update which names appear in the pick lists of your Personnel Fields?
Over time, if you are an administrator, you will have to update many of Blue Mountain RAM’s personnel field picklists. New personnel must be added; personnel who leave must be removed. Until you know how to do it, it can feel a little challenging. But don’t worry, because here are easy steps for this common task!
- Get the field name and record type for each field (Example- Approval Person on Calibration Work)
- In System Configuration, open the Datasource window for that record type (Example- Datasets > User’sDataset > Datasources > Work, Calibration Work)
- In the Datasource window, find the field and double-click its row to open it. Now you can see and note which group is assigned to the field, Approval Person.
- Go to Sites > YourSite > Security > Groups.
- Open the group noted in Step 3.
- Add and/or remove group members as appropriate. Save. The field’s picklist will automatically update to match changes made to the group’s membership.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT – If the group has rights assigned to it, should the personnel you add/remove, gain/lose those rights?
For further information, consult your Blue Mountain RAM Administrator Manual. If necessary, please contact our friendly Support Technicians at firstname.lastname@example.org for downloads of PDFs of the manuals. Also, please enjoy calling and speaking with your Regional Sales Manager (RSM) at (800) 982-2388 if you are interested in Blue Mountain RAM training.