Do you know… You Can Choose Your Columns For The Asset Work List?
Every asset in Blue Mountain RAM offers a list of its work so you can quickly see all activities against that asset, both scheduled and unscheduled. This includes:
An asset’s work list is accessed by opening the asset’s VIEW menu and selecting WORK. I’m going to show you how to change which columns are displayed in this list, the sequence of the columns, and the sort order of the list. The goal is to optimize this list so it presents your most helpful information.
- In Blue Mountain RAM, open the GO TO menu and select SYSTEM CONFIGURATION.
- Once in System Configuration, expand:
Sites > Your Site > Dataset Groups > Your Dataset Group > Form Setup > Assets, and highlight Grids
- The right pane displays “Grid Description”. Grids are lists.
- Notice the “Record Type” pick list at the top of the right pane. Select an asset type. You can assign each type the same or a different work list composition.
NOTE: The other listings are additional lists, related to the selected asset type, that you can likewise configure to meet your needs.
- After selecting an asset type, double-click “Asset Work” to open the Asset Work Window.
NOTE: The “Asset Work” list for Processes, Lots, and Personnel are located:
- Processes and Lots: (same location) Manufacturing > Grids
- Personnel: Sites > YourSite > Form Setup > Personnel > Grids
- Use the Asset Work Window’s toolbar to:
Remove a highlighted column
Move a highlighted column up
Move a highlighted column down
Sort the list by the highlighted column (clicks alternate ascending and descending)
- When you are done, SAVE your changes and view the result on an asset of the same type by opening its VIEW menu and selecting WORK.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT– How much easier and/or faster would people work after you optimize the information offered in an asset’s work list?
For further information, consult your Blue Mountain RAM Administrator Manual. If necessary, please contact our friendly Support Technicians at firstname.lastname@example.org for downloads of PDFs of the manuals. Also, please enjoy calling and speaking with your Regional Sales Manager (RSM) at 800-982-2388 if you are interested in Blue Mountain RAM training.