You may know that Blue Mountain RAM can create special work records to document unscheduled and/or unplanned work activities, and that these special work records are called “On Demand” work records. However, did you know that starting with Blue Mountain RAM version R3 SR5, On Demand Event-Based work records can be created?
On Demand Event-Based work records allow you to select any event an asset has and tell Blue Mountain RAM to make a work record that copies that event’s data and configuration (use of Measurement Data Template, Work Plan Templates, Labor, Parts, etc.), but does not interfere with the progression of the chosen event’s schedule. Due Dates remain unchanged as On Demand Event-Based work records are fully processed. This new feature addresses the need to perform an event off schedule, without interfering with that event’s set schedule.
Steps for Creating On Demand Event-Based Work Records:
1) Open the asset record of the item receiving work. (Reminder: This feature copies event details to a new On Demand work record, so the asset must have an event.)
2) Open the Actions menu and select Add Work.
3) The Add New Item wizard appears, displaying the Event Selection. Here, events belonging to the asset are listed.
4) Highlight the event you wish to apply to the new On Demand work record, select the option On Demand, Event-Based, and click NEXT.
5) The wizard advances to the Rule Selection.
6) Select the correct rule for the new On Demand work record and click NEXT.
7) The wizard advances to the Review Settings.
8) Verify proper details will be applied to the new On Demand work record. Use the PREVIOUS button to make any necessary changes.
9) Select an option for What would you like to do after the wizard completes? (for this example, Open the newly created record. is selected) and click FINISH.
10) The new work record will display On Demand in its Event ID field, indicating that while it is a copy of the chosen event, it is not related and will not impact the event’s schedule.
When you have questions, consult Blue Mountain RAM User and Administrator Manuals. If necessary, contact our friendly Support Technicians at email@example.com with questions. Also, please enjoy calling and speaking with your Regional Sales Manager (RSM) at 800-982-2388 if you are interested in Blue Mountain RAM ideas, training, or services.